Chocolate zucchini bread (Fatkid style)
Ive made a home version for the blog, I scale mine in the kitchen for ease and accuracy
- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon freshly ground
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp clove ground
- 2 tsp ground ancho chili (you can substitute other chili's if you like) I like to add a bit more chili than this for home!
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
Combine the above sifted into a bowl, set aside.
- 1.5 cups oil (you can play around here with the type)
- 2 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs (free range is good!)
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate melted
- 3 zucchini (around 700g)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups chopped nuts (use whatever you want here, I like hazelnuts and pecans in mine)
- Combine the sugar and oil in a bowl and whip well
- Add eggs one at a time until combined
- Beat in melted chocolate(I melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring every 30 secs till melted)
- Beat in dry ingredients till smooth
- fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and nuts
- pour into greased loaf pans and bake @ 350f for about 1hr 20 mins approx. Check with toothpick till it comes out clean. Melted chocolate does not mean its not cooked so be careful when checking.
Don't get your stuff in a knot if you don't quite have enough zucchini or if you have a bit more, just throw it in the mix( I have added as much as a kg before!) Feel free to add more nuts if you like or spice it how you want. If you like me, put a sprinkle of naga jolika powder in for a extreme slice of heaven! You can also sub squash (butternut or spaghetti) for zucchini or pumpkin. Play around with it and most of all enjoy the slice! I make several batches during zucchini season and freeze a couple whole and slice and freeze a few for a quick snack. Freeze as soon as its cool enough to handle. Wrap tight and when you pull it out, it will be as good as the day you put it in, if its used within 3 months.
The Dry ingredients awaiting there wet companions and zucchini!
The zucchini has been married with the dry ingredients and heads to the oven in the loaf pans!Happy loafs of zucchini love, brew the coffee, I got this break covered!