Monday, November 28, 2011

Loading The Bullet

Smoking all afternoon today. Its warmed up to -25C so, thought I would take advantage of the warm weather and fire up the water smoker. Thought about the side ribs and decided to do kind of a play on hot dogs! Took all the flavours of your classic frank, (pepper, sage, nutmeg, salt, sugar) made a rub, sprinkled  a little ground chili, for good measure and left them over night. I made a ketchup and celery seed BBQ sauce to brush them with when there done. Smoking everything with old growth willow. Looking forward to trying these. I'm also smoking pork belly and country ribs (pork shoulder ribs) The pork belly, I did straight up salt and tons of pepper. The shoulder ribs I did Texas chill powder and a bit of sugar and salt. 
Will post the results on here and my twitter feed. These side ribs are for a local rib off challenge in town tonight. Not sure how many ppl are going, but should be fun. Im not planning to take home the blue ribbon with these ribs, but who knows, everyone like a good ole frank right? haha

Side ribs, country ribs and pork belly

No comments:

Post a Comment